It can be hard to regularly meditate. Most of us start off with good intentions and then lose our way. That’s ok. It’s human nature. Sunshine Brain was created to help you turn a practice into a routine. We are there to encourage you and keep you on the right road with the support element of this course
“I have been on meditation classes and courses many times and have always come away feeling great and full of good intentions to meditate everyday. But I have not been able to fit it into my life. Sunshine Brain has shown me how to do that. Meditation is now part of my everyday life. I feel absolutely amazing. I am stronger, happier and loving my life. My kids are loving their happier, chilled out mum”
“This course doesn’t jest tell you to meditate and give you guided meditations and familiar mantras. It guides you towards creating a personalised programme and gives you a psychological framework for it”
WHAT WILL SUNSHINE BRAIN OFFER YOU?
“This course approaches meditation in a slightly different way. It not only makes it easier to quickly master meditation techniques, it also has tools, videos and support to explain how to be happier and achieve the things in life you aspire to. My experience has been great. I have meditated everyday and it has been very enjoyable, especially the three-minute meditation, which is the best thing since sliced bread”
“Everyone should have the chance to experience a Sunshine Brain. It should be on PHSE part of the National Curriculum. You’re great Nia, a true angel!”
“I am grateful for meditation. It is quickly becoming my daily medicine”
“Sunshine Brain helped me control my anger and fear this week. I can see the benefits of meditation and I’m motivated to keep going and explore more. I will recommend that people make an effort to introduce it to their lives”
LIFE IS A PRESENT. BE HERE OR YOU WILL MISS THE GIFT
- First things first. Let’s get clear why you are doing this. We look at benefits for you, so you can remind yourself why if the going gets tough
- We start meditating with a three-minute meditation
- We look at how taking personal responsibility for your brain and mental health empowers you
- Start your first week on a high. Get to know your community, take the support and feel motivated
- Learn about your personal Sunshine Brain and what it means to you
- Start to work with the weekly Sunshine Brain planner and tools to organise your time, stick to a daily routine and learn how to begin creating a meditation habit
WHAT’S GOING ON IN THERE? BRAIN & BODY. FLICK THE LIGHT SWITCH ON AWARENESS
- Start to be aware of how it feels and what is going on in your head and body
- Develop our meditation skills by practicing bodyscan and breath awareness techniques
- Look at the aspects of a Sunshine Brain: being present, awareness and acceptance
- Practice meditating with external sounds
- Start to monitor and record your thoughts
- Get motivated for Week 2
HOW I LEARNT TO LOVE MYSELF. I DESERVE ULTIMATE CARE
- Practice mindful moments and explore mindful communication
- Practice meditation out in the world and learn how it can help in challenging situations
- Explore how having a sunshine brain can change your life
- Develop your own personal mantra to use in meditation
- Create your own nourishing activities to start practicing your self care
- Learn more about habit formation and advanced tools to achieve success in your daily meditation routine
AN ATTITUDE – OR A SMUDGE – OF GRATITUDE MIGHT JUST TRANSFORM THE WAY YOU SEE THINGS
- Learn multiple techniques to get your gratitude practice up and running
- Experience the joy of focusing your gratitude in a special gratitude meditation
- Keep track of your progress with daily records – see the sun shining from your brain
- Find out how to use positive thinking in a realistic way
- Share your experiences and receive support and encouragement in the Facebook Group
- Get motivated for Week 3
FIND OUT YOUR SAFE PLACE IS INSIDE YOU
- Practice a daily safe place meditation
- Learn how to use the three-minute meditation to look after yourself and give yourself what you need
- Learn how to revisit and refresh your Sunshine Brain vision monthly
- Look at the perception change concept and how it naturally occurs
- Learn about quality connection and our relationship with others
- Kind acts create a ripple effect. See how your kind acts affect you and the world
NAIL DOWN THAT ROUTINE AS EASY AS BRUSHING YOUR TEETH. LEARN HOW YOUR SUNSHINE BRAIN CAN HAVE A POSITIVE EFFECT ON OTHERS
- Plan your next 90 days of meditation with habit building techniques
- Practice a loving kindness meditation
- Create a schedule that works for you
- How to restart your routine if you fall off the wagon
- Be super clear on what your Sunshine Brain looks like and how it changes your life
- Motivation to keep going and take your Sunshine Brain out into the world
Our own private facebook group community, led by Nia, with regular motivation and meditation coaching
PDF workbooks to evaluate, monitor and plan your daily routine
Sunshine Brain members’ inspirational stories
Lifelong membership, including course upgrades and being able to jump on course and restart if you fall off the wagon
Library of extra videos and articles
Nia has been working in the wellbeing sector since 2008. She is qualified in many types of bodywork, including holistic massage, reflexology, aromatherapy and Thai yoga massage, and as a meditation and mindfulness coach.
Nia is a mental health activist and meditation educator in London, UK. She teaches meditation and mindfulness to clients on a one-to-one basis, online via Sunshine Brain and in schools and charities in London.
She regularly teaches meditation techniques to women for pregnancy and birth and works with the lovely babies post-birth.
Before having her son Charlie in 2002, Nia’s was as a bad-ass make-up artist. So, if your eyeliner needs fixing, she can help with that.
Nia, Charlie and Louie the meditating rescue dog live in London, UK.
Sunshine Brain is designed to give people tools to improve their mental wellbeing. It draws on many sources that it’s creators have – and continue to – use in their daily lives. It is not a substitute for professional psychological and psychiatric help or prescribed medication. If you have serious mental health issues speak to your doctor.
It includes tools such as meditation that relax the user and should not be done whilst driving or operating heavy machinery. We would also advise against consumption of alcohol and other recreational drugs whilst using Sunshine Brain.
As a U.K entity Sunshine Brain is governed by U.K. Law.